Instructions for School Coordinators
An International Level Competition for Mathematical Talent Search
The Last Date for the Submission of Registration Forms is
08 October 2016
Date of the Examination
08 December 2016 (Thursday)
08 April 2017
The result will be declared at www.educationalcouncil.org
About Educational Council
The Society of Educational Council is a visionary organization established by eminent academicians, scientists and artists; leaders in the various fields of art and education. Educational Council strives to prepare students to face new challenges of the evolving world scenario and develop in them a positive, confident and constructive approach. It has programmes and competitions designed to inspire and encourage students in various disciplines and streams of education like science, social science, mathematics, computer and language at national and international level every year.
Mathematical Genius Award is one of the conscientious venture of the Educational Council in the field of mathematics. Our objective is to identify and promote mathematical genius in the Country.
The entire world recognizes and accepts the ocean of talent in our country. Our children are endowed with immense ability and intellect. We, as elders have a duty to encourage and develop their skills.
Mathematical Genius Award is a competitive examination conducted every year for the students of classes III to X. The test is designed to evaluate conceptual knowledge, basic understanding and logical interpretation ability of students. Over the years, the winners of MGA are securing enviable positions in competitive examinations like IIT- JEE, CLAT, CPT, AIEEE etc.
Students should have secured at least 60% marks or grade B2 in Mathematics in the Annual examination of their previous class. The list of eligible students sent by the respective school will be considered final.
Mathematical Genius Award is based on the CBSE and ICSE syllabi of mathematics of the respective classes.
NOTE: The Principal / School Coordinator of a participating school can contact the Program Coordinator, MGA 2016-17 (Mob. No. +91-92145-77663), regarding the date of examination or any other issues.
Details of the Examination
- Mathematical Genius Award is conducted for Classes III to X.
- There will be a separate question paper for each class.
- Questions based on subject aptitude (SAT), calculation ability (CAT) and mental ability (MAT) will be included in the question paper.
- Medium of the question paper will be English only.
- Question paper will contain 60 questions and the duration of the examination will be 60 minutes.
- Question paper will have objective type (multiple choice) questions only.
- There will be no negative marking.
- An OMR Answer sheet will be provided to the candidates to mark the answers.
- After the examination, the candidates would have to return both the Question booklet and the OMR Answer sheet to the invigilator.
- The result of Mathematical Genius Award 2016-2017 will be declared on 8th April 2017.
How to apply?
A. Through School :
- Students should take their forms from the School Coordinator and submit completely filled forms with the examination fee to the School Coordinator.
- Students can either download the form from the website or photostat it and deposit it to the School Coordinator.
- Individual participation will not be considered for Mathematical Genius Award 2016 - 17.
- A School should have at least 50 students registered for Mathematical Genius Award 2016 - 17.
B. Online registration:
A School can also register online for the examination. Details of the online registration is given in our website www.educationalcouncil.org // www.mathematicalgenius.com
FOR INDIA: The fee for the Mathematical Genius Award test is 150/- (Examination Fee 125 + Registration Fee- 25 ) for each participating student.
FOR OUTSIDE INDIA: The fee for the Mathematical Genius Award test is US$ 8 for each participating student.
The School Coordinator will retain 6% of the total fee collected for expenses like photocopies, postal expenses, DD charges etc.
If your school is a Centre*, the School Coordinator will retain 10% of the total fee (this amount does not include the 6% of the total fee mentioned above) for various expenses like invigilation charges, packaging and parcel charges etc.
The fee (balance amount) should be remitted by the School, by Demand Draft in favour of “Society of Educational Council" payable at Jodhpur or through RTGS (Direct in Bank) in beneficiary account number with State Bank of India, Shastri Nagar branch at Jodhpur (Rajasthan) 31822935815 and IFSC code no. is SBIN0003258 SBI and for Telex Transfer SWIFT Code is SBININBB215.
The Centre* for the Mathematical Genius Award examination will be the School itself which has 100 or more students registered for the examination.
* The Centre for the Mathematical Genius Award examination for a School with less than 100 students registered will be decided by us (the Mathematical Genius Award Committee.)
Terms & Conditions
- The result declared by MGA Committee will be final and binding. No dispute in this matter will be entertained.
- Examination fee or Payment once made will not be refunded.
- Candidates eligible for the Scholarship could be asked to submit required documents.
- If only one student represents a class in a State. He / She will not be considered for the prize of State level topper.
Prizes and Awards
- Cash Prize and Awards worth 5 lakhs will be distributed among the top performers at the State level, the National level and International level.
- The first rank holder of each class at the national level in the MGA examination 2016 - 2017 will be awarded a one time- “SHARAD MALOO SCHOLARSHIP” worth 6,000/- and the Mathematical Genius - 2016 - 2017 trophy.
- The second rank holder of each class at the national level in the MGA examination 2016 - 2017 will be awarded a cash prize worth 3,000/- and a Winner’s trophy.
- The third rank holder of each class at the national level in the MGA examination 2016 - 2017 will be awarded a cash prize worth 1,500/- and a Winner’s trophy.
- The fourth to the tenth rank holders of each class at the national level in MGA examination 2016-17 will receive a mobile handset as a prize.
- The top 100 rank holders of each class at the national level will be awarded a Certificate of Merit. Candidates securing 33 percentile or above will be given a Participation Certificate (not a Certificate of Merit).
- The State toppers of each class will be given an exciting prize, provided they score at least 60 percentile in the MGA examination 2016-17. The State toppers are selected after excluding the top 10 ranks of each class at the National level.
- School topper medals will be given in every school with a minimum of 50 registrations for MGA 2016-17, provided the respective class has 20 students registered from the School for MGA 2016-17. A School (class) topper will be declared for only those classes which are not in top 10 National ranks and the State topper list, and also has a score of 60 percentile or more in MGA 16-17.
- A School will be awarded with the School Trophy of Mathematical Genius Award - 2016-17 on the basis of highest participation and overall performance.
- If more than one candidate scores the same marks in a class, the ranking will be decided on the basis of the regulations of the Society. Details of the ranking system is given on our website www.educationalcouncil.org // www.mathematicalgenius.com