Instructions for School Coordinators
Mathematical Genius Award 2019 - 20
( An International Level Competition for Mathematical Talent Search )
Last Date for Registration:
08 September 2019
Date of Examination:
9 December 2019, MONDAY
Declaration of Result:
08 February 2020
|Note: The Principal / School Coordinator of a participating school can contact the Program Coordinator, MGA 2019-20 (Mob. No. +91-92145-77663), regarding the date of examination or any other issues. |
About Educational Council
The Society of Educational Council is a visionary organization established by eminent academicians, scientists and artists; leaders in the various fields of art and education. Educational Council strives to prepare students to face new challenges of the evolving world scenario and develop in them a positive, confident and constructive approach. It has programmes and competitions designed to inspire and encourage students in various disciplines and streams of education like science, social science, mathematics, computer and language at national and international level every year.
Mathematical Genius Award is one of the conscientious venture of the Educational Council in the field of mathematics. Our objective is to identify and promote mathematical genius in the Country.
The entire world recognizes and accepts the ocean of talent in our country. Our children are endowed with immense ability and intellect. We, as elders have a duty to encourage and develop their skills.
Mathematical Genius Award is a competitive examination conducted every year for the students of classes III to X. The test is designed to evaluate conceptual knowledge, basic understanding and logical interpretation ability of students. Over the years, the winners of MGA are securing enviable positions in competitive examinations like IIT- JEE, CLAT, CPT, AIEEE etc.
Students should have secured at least 60% marks in Mathematics in the Annual examination of their previous class. The list of eligible students sent by the respective schools will be considered final.
Mathematical Genius Award is based on the CBSE and ICSE syllabi of mathematics of the respective classes.
Details of the Examination
1. Mathematical Genius Award is conducted for Classes III to X.
2. There will be a separate question paper for each class.
3. Questions based on subject aptitude (SAT), calculation ability (CAT) and mental ability (MAT) will be included in the question paper.
4. Medium of the question paper will be English only.
5. Question paper will contain 60 questions and the duration of the examination will be 60 minutes.
6. Question paper will have objective type (multiple choices) questions only.
7. There will be no negative marking.
8. An OMR Answer sheet will be provided to the candidates to mark the answers.
9. After the examination, the candidates would have to return both the Question booklet and the OMR Answer sheet to the invigilator.
10. The result of Mathematical Genius Award 2019-2020 will be declared on 8th February 2020.
How to apply?
A. Through School:
1. Students should take their forms from the School Coordinator and submit completely filled forms with the examination fee to the School Coordinator.
2. Students can either download the form from the website or photostat it and deposit it to the School Coordinator.
3. Individual participation will not be considered for Mathematical Genius Award 2019 - 20.
4. A School should have at least 80 students registered for Mathematical Genius Award 2019 - 20.
B. Registration using android application:
Find Mathematical Genius Award or scan QR code
C. Online registration:
A School can also register online for the examination. Details of the online registration is given on our website www.educationalcouncil.org // www.mathematicalgenius.com
FOR INDIA: Fee for the Mathematical Genius Award test is Rs.170/- for each participating student.
FOR OUTSIDE INDIA: Fee for the Mathematical Genius Award test is US$ 8 for each participating student.
FOR INDIA: The School Coordinator will retain Rs.20/- per student for expenses like photocopies, postal expenses, DD charges, invigilation charges, packaging and parcel charges etc.
FOR OUTSIDE INDIA: The School Coordinator will retain US$ 2 per student for expenses like photocopies, postal expenses, DD charges, invigilation charges, packaging and parcel charges etc.
The fee (balance amount) should be remitted by the School, by Demand Draft in favour of “Society of Educational Council" payable at Jodhpur or through RTGS (Direct in Bank) in beneficiary account number with State Bank of India, Shastri Nagar branch at Jodhpur (Rajasthan) 31822935815 and IFSC code no. is SBIN0003258 SBI and for Telex Transfer SWIFT Code is SBININBB215.
The Centre for the Mathematical Genius Award examination will be the School itself which has 80 or more students registered for the examination.
Terms & Conditions
1. The result declared by MGA Committee will be final and binding. No dispute in this matter will be entertained.
2. Examination fee or Payment once made will not be refunded.
3. Candidates eligible for the Scholarship could be asked to submit required documents.
4. State level topper would not be entitled for a prize, if less than 80 students are registered for a class in a State.
Prize and Award
1. Cash Prizes and Awards worth Rs. 4 lakhs will be distributed among the top performers at the State level, the National level and International level.
2. The first rank holder of each class at the national level in the MGA examination 2019 -20 will be awarded a cash prize worth Rs.6, 000/- and the Mathematical Genius - 2019 - 20 trophy.
3.The second rank holder of each class at the national level in the MGA examination 2019 - 20 will be awarded a cash prize worth Rs. 3,000/- and a Winner’s trophy.
4. The third rank holder of each class at the national level in the MGA examination 2019 - 20 will be awarded a cash prize worth Rs. 1,500/- and a Winner’s trophy.
5. The fourth to the tenth rank holders of each class at the national level in MGA examination 2019 - 20 will receive a feature mobile phones as a prize.
6. The top 100 rank holders of each class at the national level will be awarded a Certificate of Merit. Candidates securing 33 percentile or above will be given a Participation Certificate (not a Certificate of Merit).
7. The State toppers of each class will be given an exciting prize, provided they score at least 60 percentile in the MGA 2019 - 20 and the respective class has 80 students registered from the State for MGA 2019 - 20. The State toppers are selected after excluding the top 10 ranks of each class at the National level.
8. School topper medals will be given in every school with a minimum of 80 registrations for MGA 2019 - 20, provided the respective class has 20 students registered from the School for MGA 2019 - 20. A School (class) topper will be declared for only those classes which are not in top 10 National ranks and the State topper list, and also has a score of 60 percentile or more in MGA 19-20.
9. A School will be awarded with the School Trophy of Mathematical Genius Award - 2019-20 on the basis of highest participation and overall performance.
10. If more than one candidate scores the same marks in a class, the ranking will be decided on the basis of the regulations of the Society. Details of the ranking system is given on our website www.educationalcouncil.org // www.mathematicalgenius.com.
Awards for the Principal & Coordinator
To express our respect and appreciation, a School registered for MGA is awarded as follows:
1.A School with more than 300 registrations would receive two feature mobile phones (for the Principal and the Coordinator of the School).
2.A School with registrations between 200 and 300 candidates would receive one feature mobile phone ( for the Coordinator of the School)
3.A School registered with candidates between 100 and 200 would receive two office bags (for the Principal and the Coordinator of the School).
4.A School registered with candidates between 80 and 100 would receive one office bag (for the Coordinator of the School).
Evaluation and Ranking System
Evaluation in Mathematics Genius Award is an objective and independent process. Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) scanner is used to scrutinize the answer sheets which are further verified by an authorized staff.
Evaluation is followed by ranking the candidates on the basis of their score. As MGA is designed to evaluate a candidate’s Mathematical reasoning ability with questions designed specifically to evaluate the mathematical concepts (Subject Aptitude Test), logical reasoning (Mental Aptitude Test) and mathematical calculation ability (Calculation Ability Test) hence, the ranking system matrix is as given below.
I. The total score obtained by a candidate is given the maximum weightage.
II. On securing the same score, the candidate with more marks scored in SAT are ranked higher.
III. In a condition where SAT scores as well as the total scores are same, the candidate with higher MAT scores are ranked higher.
IV. If all the scores (Total, SAT, MAT and CAT) obtained by candidates are same, then the ranking is based on the performance of the candidate in the questions graded on difficulty level.
V. The decision of Examination committee on Ranking system is final and binding.
|Note: All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary.|